Monday, October 8, 2007

Sculpture #1



My first attempt at sculpting! I really enjoyed working with the material, I got aggravated about the fact that the clay would pick up every finger print or nail mark. I like my sculpture smooth and not heavily marked; Although the heavily marked sculpture has more "character". I believe the smooth soft look is more appealing especially for a female. Female figures I draw is usually draw in a dreamy/hazed state. It has a softness unlike a male figure that has heavy indentations, that is at least within my art work.
I m not completely satisfied with the way it came out. I didn't get to into hair or facial expression. But I believe i really captured the weight of the figure. She really feels like she is leaning all of her weight onto the right arm. It feels like if you pushed her elbow in she would collapse. Its been a trial run, I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

No comments: