Monday, October 1, 2007

Painting



I added a class Painting from Observation... I love it. Its my favorite class. Its very difficult because I'm not used to using oil in a gesturing manor. I like being intimidated... and challenged this class does it for me. I also have a very difficult time with using thicker paint blobs. I've always been told to use more oil. I guess sub consciously I worry about running out of paint. I need to buy supplies... I have no money to right now. Its hard being able to afford paints and sable brushes etc.. I did this gestural painting of a female model. I layered it over two other gestures, I had done earlier in the class. The ghost like figure is more haunting in person. I like to try and fill up the picture or play with it more. The fear, the fear of ruining a painting can make an artist choke. I'm having an artistic block. I'm seeing the world through stills not movement... I'm not sure how to break out of the frame I've built.

No comments: