Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Exhibit!



I went to the new exhibit on the first floor of South. Amazing, I loved it! It was great to see work that you would see at the ICA. There is a lighting up ant farm with a bicycle, everything is very interactive. I enjoy being able to touch and play with different objects. There are different types of hand and arm rests that are to be place on the neck. I loved the paper curtain! Amazing, I can't believe at how beautiful it looked with the green light shinning on it.... I can't believe a student made it. My favorite room had to be a little room to the right of the first room. You open the door to a small padded room. It looked like something from a space ship. Through the hall their are mirrors lining the ceiling and floor. At the end of the hall way there is a white round stool. If you sit on the stool, an led light from above turns brighter and brighter. The room and seat start vibrating from the noise of like your going to be beamed to a different planet! Then BOOOOM lights off. Its scary and claustrophobic, but it was awesome. Art is supposed to evoke emotion, this exhibit definitely did.

No comments: